Wednesday 14 March 2018

Home.

Home is not merely the building you spend your whole life in, it is the whole purpose of this life of ours. Home is safe, a place where you feel loved, accepted. Home gives you freedom, the freedom of being who you are, without any room for rejection. Home is warm,it holds you closer during cold winters and melts the icebergs your heart is caged into. My home has a heartbeat, long black silky hairs, and an ever-glowing smile. We spend our lives searching for this home,in buildings, in objects, in nature, in luxury, but home is not accessories, home is not materialistic, it is a feeling, of acceptance, a bond you feel from the very first instant, something that draws you back in times of happiness or sadness, or mere numbness. Home beckons you like the eternal tides of the sea compels the sailor to come back for somewhat more.

You are home for me, with that perfect cliched smile, the over-sized garnet hoodie, the hairs tied in a ponytail, some strands of black hair tucked behind your ear with a swift hand move and some falling on your perfect face, and the annoying grin I get whenever I'm proved wrong, and the crazy laughter I get to hear upon some lame jokes of mine, and the scoldings for being such a pain sometimes and not knowing what I'm doing with my life, and the hugs I get when I complain too much, and the small slaps on the back of my hand when I do stupid things, and the long speeches I get to hear when you want to prove me how wrong I am talking about life, and the times when you cried over my pain, and the times when you went out of your way just to be in mine, you are my home. I can't help coming back to you, just as rain drops are bound to meet the ground, our paths are meant to collide.

I was told I was too pessimist for a teenage boy, so this is me writing of the good you brought to me, this is me being as optimistic as you could ever make me be. You saw the ugliest parts of me, heard me ranting about how miserable my life was, saw scars I tried so hard to hide, watched me break down. You were there when death was the only thing on my mind, and when the bottles of alcohol lying in my room had been abusively high, and when the cigarettes smoked would make me bleed. Yet you held me, showed me it could be better. You held me when I was falling apart, and you brought me back from the dark path of drugs. You took my life and set me free, brought the best out of me. You drove away the loneliness which was eating me out, and switched on the lights in the dark room I sat by.

Life to me was a dull grey, yet you colored my skies, you brought in a blue so peaceful and soothing, something which appeased my misery. I was told I was a burden, a black dot, but you showed me black dots could be pretty too and turned the curse I was into a blessing. And just like angels, you breathed back the life into me, turned the corpse I was into a lively body. You kissed my scars, made them heal, and make flowers grow on this weedy heart of mine. You held my hand and snatched me from the grasps of pain, gave me a motive, a purpose to go on. And yes, there were so rainy days and storms too in our perfect world, but a world with only sunrises and sunsets was never what we wanted. Our love was no masquerade, it was genuine, real, as true as the sun and moon, as fiery as the burning stars, as vast as the eternal space and as strong as the stubbornness of a dream.

I never got the chance to thank you, so this is me, my heart in words, to tell you how much you mean to. I would run the extra mile for you, bleed my fists out, pour my heart out, but most importantly, I'll do what all the eternal lovers failed to, I'll live for you. I'll be happy and smile for you, I'll run through the alley of pain, and grow flowers all along the way. I'll be your shield, your cover, just like you've been mine, and I'll protect you. This world keeps spinning around, but honey, you are the only constant in my life.

1 comment: